It is best served as a condiment to enhance the taste of food. It is not only digestive but also appetizing when consumed on daily basis. It cures a number of health related problems like arthritis, gastric problems & thinning of blood.
Today I am going share a very easy recipe of Garlic Pickle that can be prepared in just no time by following some simple steps.
Do try this out & share your experience of how well it turned out in the comment section below.
Checkout my latest videos & blogs and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE my channel.
Recipe for Garlic Pickle:
- 250 grams peeled garlic (Chila hua lahsun)
- Salt (Namak)
- Red chili powder (Lal mirch)
- Turmeric powder (Haldi powder)
- Thick aniseed (Saumph)
- Asafoetida (Heeng)
- Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- Pulverized mango powder (Amchoor powder)
- Nigella seeds (Kalonji)
- Mustard oil (Sarson ka tel)
Method of preparation:
- Take 2 tbsp. mustard oil in the Wok/pan
- Once the oil gets heated add 1 tsp. cumin seeds in it
- Now lower the flame and add a little amount of asafoetida & ½ tsp. turmeric powder into it
- Now add the peeled garlic into it
- Mix everything well
- Now add the remaining spices – 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. Nigella seeds, ¼ tsp. red chili powder & 2 tsp. fennel seeds
- Mix everything well & stir it for approx. 5 minutes on medium flame
- Now add 1 and ¼ tsp. Pulverized mango powder & mix everything well
- Turn off the flame & wait for the pickle to cool down
- Your Garlic Pickle is ready
Note 1: Store the Pickle in a glass jar after is cooled and keep it under the sun for 2 days by covering it with a lid.
Note 2: Shake the Pickle 2-3 times every day so that all the spices in it gets mixed, as we have used very less amount of oil into it