Servings: 50 pieces
Festivals are the best time when we actually hog on to tasty savories present before us something that we can’t resist especially when it comes to dessert. Our tongue starts to slurp and eyes start to drool finding it so difficult to resist the toothsome food
The artificial sweeteners tend to raise the blood sugar levels and leads to bad health. The homemade carrot fudge is prepared keeping in mind your health as our priority. Carrot fudge is an authentic Indian dessert prepared with fresh carrots and milk. You will experience a rich flavor of cardamom and cashew nuts with every bite you take.
The quantity of carrot fudge is sufficient to satisfy yours and your family’s craving for dessert. So don’t splurge on buying readymade sweets rather try making our CARROT FUDGE FOR YOUR SPECIAL ONES this time.
Do try this out & share your experience of how well it turned out in the comment section below.
Checkout my latest videos & blogs and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE my channel.
Recipe for Carrot Fudge
- Carrot – 2kg (approx. 2000 grams)
- Sugar – 350 grams
- Cashew nuts – 150 grams (fine powder)
- Green cardamom – 10-12 (finely crushed)
- Full cream milk – 3 kg
- ½ teaspoon clarified butter for greasing the pan or tray
- Silicone spatula for greasing
- 2 tablespoon clarified butter
Method of preparation:
- Rinse, peel & then grate the carrots manually with a grater.
- Boil the carrots up to 3 whistles in a pressure cooker.
- The quantity of milk is always 1.5 times of carrot
- Take a thick bottom pan and add 1 kg milk to it
- Meanwhile take a masher and mash the boiled carrots
- As soon as the milk starts boiling add the mashed carrots to it
- Cook the mixture by adding small amount of milk on high flame at short intervals
- Once the quantity of milk starts getting reduced add some more amount of milk to it
- Stir it occasionally at the same time, keep scraping the sides to remove the evaporated milk solids
- Your mixture will become quite thick now so add the remaining milk to it
- You will constantly stir the mixture making sure that milk does not burn at the bottom of the pan
- Now your mixture will become like a lumpy dough
- Add 2 tbsp. clarified butter to it and constantly stir it for the next 6-7 minutes
- The mixture is completely dried now add 350 grams sugar to it
- The quantity of sugar depends on your taste, it can be increased or decreased as per your liking
- Now your mixture has attained the right consistency
- Add cashew nuts (fine powder) along with Crushed green cardamom to it
- Mix everything well
- Turn off the flame
- Take ½ teaspoon clarified butter and grease the tray
- Transfer the entire mixture on the tray and evenly spread it with the help of a silicon spatula and smoothen the top part
- Wait till the mixture cools down & can be easily touched
- Now cut it into desired size pieces
Note: You can store the carrot fudge in an airtight container for 1 month