Recipe for Gulab Jamun(approx 20):
Video Link- https://youtu.be/YUJrXyY5oEU
- 250 gram khoya(dhaap).
- 25-35 gram piece of paneer.
- 60 grams maida.
- Pinch of baking powder.
- Desi ghee for frying.
- 1.5 glass sugar.
- 2 and 1/4 th of a glass of water.
Method of preparing sugar syrup(chashni):
- Pour sugar and water mentioned above in the kadhai/pan.
- Once it starts to boil, lower down the flame to medium for 5 minutes and then reduce it to the lowest flame.
- Keep stirring the sugar syrup from time to time.
Method for preparing Gulab Jamun:
- Take out the khoya and paneer for the refrigerator one hour prior the preparation.
- Now take a dough vessel and add paneer, khoya, maida, baking powder to it and mix them well with your hands again and again till you get a fine and smooth dough.
- Now take out some dough make a gulab jamun ball from it, fry it on low flame to test it.
- Keep frying till it turns golden brown in color.
- Dip the ball in the sugar syrup(chashni).
- Keep it for five minutes.
- Now slice it from the centre to check if has attained the softness or not.
- If yes make the Gulab Jamun balls from the rest of the dough.
- Fry only few balls(7-8 balls approx) at a time.
- Now as soon as the balls turns golden brown in color take them out and let them cool for approx 6-7 minutes before dipping dem into the sugar syrup (chashni).
- Once you are done with the process of dipping all the balls in the sugar syrup( chashni) turn off both the knobs allow dem to stay in the sugar syrup for the next two hours.
- After which your Gulab Jamun’s are ready to eat..(:
- Note 1: Pan should be of heavy bottom.
- Note 2: Once your sugar syrup is ready keep it on low flame.
- Note 3: At the time of frying, flame should be low.
- Note 4: Do not fry more than(7-8) balls at a time.
- Note 5: Add only a pinch of baking powder.
- Note 6: Buy only dhaap for Gulab Jamun from the milkman.